Original Cadburys Dairy Milk Chocolate Vending Machine
Cadburys Dairy Milk Chocolate Vending Machine – currently set to widely available 30g bars. This is a 1970s ‘Barber Weston’ Machine.
Out of stock
That’s all folks – no more expected 🙁
An Original, ‘unrestored’ Cadburys Dairy Milk Chocolate Vending Machine – currently set to widely available 30g bars.
Machine Dimensions – Height 765mm (30″), Width 235mm (9.25″), Depth 125mm (5″)
This is a 1970s ‘Barber Weston’ Machine, made here in Weston-super-Mare as it happens, original but with a replacement front decal.
Accepts new 2x pre-1992 10p coin. Mechs are fixed and cannot be changed.
Given a maintenance check by us, but intended as a novelty and not for commercial placement, for use as a home money box etc…
Please don’t expect perfection – these machines may be refurbished but we don’t shot blast the metal cabinets down to nothing, they will previously have had a tough life in public – the pictures shown is of the exact machine for sale, expect dents, scratches, and some very minor surface rust on ‘hidden’ parts – this patina only adds to the charm in our opinion!
These machines work with the current Dairy Milk bars. What’s nice about these machines though, is that they were originally supplied with adjustable column guides, so you can change them to vend a wide variety of other bars, such as Wispa or Topic.
Please note the following specifics for this original machine;
- The main front decal is a replacement, made to be 100% identical to the original, which was faded and half hanging off!
- Everything else is 100% original. Most buyers prefer this type of original patina on the main casing.
- The original makers badges are present left and right are present, this is pretty rare.
- The unit requires 2x 10p coins, pre-1992. We supply 4 only just to get you going.
- The coin handling unit can occasionally get stuck specifically on Coin 2. Usually reject will work, failing that, just take the lid off.
- The unit was never designed for flow-wrapped confectionary. Very occasionally, a bar may get stuck by it’s wrapper on the way down.
- Specifically, this machine needs a bit of help for the lid to sit on flush – just pop your hand at the top, give a little bit of gentle downward pressure and it’s on!
- The secondary coin cup is missing – this was to collect ‘Coin 2’ only, most coins will simply fall into the main coin cup inside
- The main coin cup, as per the picture, has been repaired as shown (the end has come out at some point).
Locks are brand new Lowe & Fletcher, made in the UK to the exact original specification, and 3 keys are supplied.